INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE is a gentle but powerful massage for the upper back, shoulders, neck, head and face – an upper body massage that is an ideal stress busting treatment for anyone who is suffering from aching shoulders, tight neck, tension headaches, eye strain, insomnia or poor concentration.
The practitioner works behind the client and performs a flowing sequence with oils beginning at the mid back and working up to the shoulders, neck ,arms, scalp,ears and finishing with a soothing face massage.
The movements are based on a combination of effleurage, petrisage, stroking, friction and percussion.
The use of oils in the massage can have a strong effect on the quality of the hair care. Hair growth is said to be stimulated as regular head massage keeps the hair strong and lustrous. This is because massaging the scalp stimulates the flow of blood to the follicles so bringing the nutrients that are necessary for a healthy head of hair. A treatment usually lasts from 45mins to an hour.
– Antidote to stress, anxiety and mental tension
– Clears the mindand revitalises mental capacity
– General balancing, giving sense of calm and peace.
– Gentle but powerful release for upper chakras.
– Improves blood circulation to head and neck.
– Increased blood flow enhances nourishment to muscles can promote hair growth.
– Improves lymphatic drainage from head and neck.
– Improves muscle tone and mobility in neck, head and shoulders.
– Increased circulation of cerebral spinal fluid around brain.
– Relieves eyesteain,hwadaches sinusitis, congestion and insomnia.
– Nourishment to hair and skin with the use of oils.